AFR Advocates


It is possible to obtain a ‘separation’ in the Magistrate’s Court, but this Court cannot deal fully with the parties’ finances, particularly the marital home.

If the couple can agree on how they are going to divide their assets (including the marital home) and how much time each of them is going to spend with their children, they can obtain a judicial separation (by agreement) in the Royal Court.  This will be final and binding.