- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Asset Tracing
- Banking Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Clinical Negligence
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Disputes
- Contentious Estates
- Injunctive Relief
- Insolvency (local and cross-border)
- Insurance Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence and Indemnity
- Trust Disputes / Litigation
Our contentious Trusts and Estates team has a wealth of experience on all aspects of trust and estate disputes, onshore and offshore. AFR regularly advises on the resolution of disputes with a view to avoiding litigation where possible, on the formation of secure trust structures, and provides on-going advice on administrative risk regulation. When litigation is unavoidable we act on cross-jurisdictional court actions and the negotiation of outcomes where differing laws conflict.
AFR can advise on:
- Co-ordinating and managing complex trust and estate disputes
- International and cross-jurisdictional trust and succession issues
- Claims by and against trustees and personal representatives, including applications for Court guidance
- Disputes between beneficiaries
- Removal and appointment of trustees and personal representatives
- International asset tracing and recovery
- Accessory liability issues for the trustee.
AFR has an extensive knowledge of the trust laws of a number of offshore jurisdictions and strong connections with local service providers.