- AFR Strengthens Litigation Practice
- February 2015 - Call to the Bar strengthens AFR Advocates' family and private client practice
- January 2015 - Promotion strengthens AFR Advocates' commercial and finance practice.
- December 2014 - AFR Advocates' shortlisted for Contentious Trusts and Probate, UK - Finance Monthly Law Awards 2015
- AFR Advocates wins 'Best Insolvency Law Firm' award
- AFR Advocates - '2015 Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year in Guernsey'
- AFR Advocates recommended in Chambers UK 2015
- AFR Advocates receives high praise in the UK Legal 500: 2014
- Launch of GuernseyBusiness.gg website by the States of Guernsey
- AFR top ranked for Employment in Chambers Europe 2014
January 2015 - Promotion strengthens AFR Advocates' commercial and finance practice
AFR Advocates is delighted to announce that the firm has promoted Peter Stahelin to the partnership, as at 1 January, 2015. Peter specialises in corporate and commercial, banking and finance and non-contentious commercial and residential property matters.
Prior to joining AFR Advocates in 2011, Peter was Director of Legal & Regulatory Affairs and Company Secretary for Sure Cable & Wireless in Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man and Bermuda; responsible for all legal and regulatory matters across four businesses and all four jurisdictions. Peter has over 16 years’ experience in senior in-house corporate counsel roles, including Head of Legal for the Xafinity Group of companies, a £75 million turnover business employing over 1,100 staff and, prior to that, for Rail and Property Companies. Before joining a client as in-house Legal Director, Peter was previously in private practice in London.
Managing partner, Paul Richardson said: “Peter combines extensive international legal and regulatory experience with a very commercial and practical approach. His vast in-house corporate counsel background has placed him in a unique position to understand the impact of offshore legal services and best practice among leading firms seeking to address the needs of clients.”
Peter Stahelin said: “I am extremely privileged to be working with a group of talented people who are committed to providing the highest quality, bespoke services to clients. AFR Advocates is well placed to assume a position among Guernsey’s leading law firms. I look forward to contributing to the continued development of the firm."
December 2014 - AFR Advocates' shortlisted for Contentious Trusts and Probate, UK - Finance Monthly Law Awards 2015