- AFR Strengthens Litigation Practice
- February 2015 - Call to the Bar strengthens AFR Advocates' family and private client practice
- January 2015 - Promotion strengthens AFR Advocates' commercial and finance practice.
- December 2014 - AFR Advocates' shortlisted for Contentious Trusts and Probate, UK - Finance Monthly Law Awards 2015
- AFR Advocates wins 'Best Insolvency Law Firm' award
- AFR Advocates - '2015 Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year in Guernsey'
- AFR Advocates recommended in Chambers UK 2015
- AFR Advocates receives high praise in the UK Legal 500: 2014
- Launch of GuernseyBusiness.gg website by the States of Guernsey
- AFR top ranked for Employment in Chambers Europe 2014
DATE: 10 September 2014
To Editors of all Media
NEW WEBSITE UNDERLINES THAT GUERNSEY IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Meeting three of the strategic aims of Guernsey’s Economic Development Framework, a new website is launched today which helps businesses and individuals who are looking to relocate to the Island.
The site – www.BusinessGuernsey.gg – has been produced by the Commerce and Employment Department and provides visitors to it with valuable information about setting up business or indeed setting up home in Guernsey. One of the main messages of the website is that moving to Guernsey, for professional or personal reasons is straightforward and represents a good decision for the business or individual making the move.
Deputy Kevin Stewart, the Commerce and Employment Department Minister, said, ‘Our Economic Development Framework is a strategically important document, not just for C&E, but for the whole Island as it will help enable growth in the economy. This website and the public and private sector promotional work to support it are vital in making clear that Guernsey is open for business and ready to help that business flow into the Island.’
Deputy Stewart continued, ‘The site shows very evidently that the States of Guernsey is keen to provide practical help if it’s needed. It has a huge amount of information, logically presented in a user-friendly way. But just as important are the many States of Guernsey contacts listed on the site. Nearly thirty individuals in different areas of Government are shown with direct contact information for them all. There are also plenty of links to other parts of the Guernsey business community. It’s a clear message that Guernsey is welcoming to new businesses and also to new arrivals in the Open Market.’
One of the fundamentals of the website is that it will showcase that Guernsey is a good place to do business and is a wonderful place to live. The site features two short films (with others to be added to the site later) in which individuals describe how and why they moved to Guernsey and what a positive decision it was.
The site is being shared with stakeholders in Guernsey’s business community and the expectation is that business people and associations will, in turn, promote the existence of the site and use it themselves. The BusinessGuernsey site also has Twitter, Facebook, You Tube and LinkedIn accounts, so Social Media will play a part in conveying positive information about Guernsey.
Deputy Stewart said, ‘This important website is another of the Economic Development Framework milestones reached which should be very positive for the Guernsey economy and therefore of course for the whole Island community as well.’