- AFR Strengthens Litigation Practice
- February 2015 - Call to the Bar strengthens AFR Advocates' family and private client practice
- January 2015 - Promotion strengthens AFR Advocates' commercial and finance practice.
- December 2014 - AFR Advocates' shortlisted for Contentious Trusts and Probate, UK - Finance Monthly Law Awards 2015
- AFR Advocates wins 'Best Insolvency Law Firm' award
- AFR Advocates - '2015 Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year in Guernsey'
- AFR Advocates recommended in Chambers UK 2015
- AFR Advocates receives high praise in the UK Legal 500: 2014
- Launch of GuernseyBusiness.gg website by the States of Guernsey
- AFR top ranked for Employment in Chambers Europe 2014
Guernsey: 25 April 2014 - AFR Advocates achieves top ranking in Chambers Europe 2014
AFR Advocates is delighted to announce that the firm has been ranked in Band 1 in the area of employment by the prestigious guide to the world’s leading law firms, Chambers Europe.
According to Chambers Europe market research, AFR Advocates has an outstanding employment practice, having received the following feedback (mainly from clients):
"In terms of value for money and achievement this team is an absolute leader on the island. It was refreshing to deal with a law firm that really had the client's case at heart".
"The team immediately identified the problems and didn't shoot from the hip. It assessed the initial situation and set up a reasonable timeframe to provide answers. I was very pleased with the team's responses and excellent lateral thinking".
Managing partner, Paul Richardson, is also placed in Band 1 as a leading individual. According to the Chambers Europe research, Paul is regarded as an outstanding choice for executive redundancies and employment disputes. He is singled out as being "highly respected and very quick, with in-depth experience”. “Clearly one of the best litigators around”.
Partner, Simon Geall, earns glowing praise as a "very balanced, sharp and enthusiastic attorney with a photographic memory". "In employment matters he was always in command even when on the defensive, he was capable of finding the gaps in the opposition's stance”.